Formedix wins top employer award
It’s just been announced by Family Friendly Working Scotland that Formedix is a winner at the Top Employer Awards! We were selected as the winner in the Best Small Company category.
When selecting from the shortlist, judges were looking for clear examples of how organizations go the extra mile to help their people achieve a good work-life balance.
Formedix practices many forms of flexible working. This includes part-time hours, compressed hours, flexible start and finish times, remote working, term-time working. There are also other ad-hoc arrangements that help people to balance their home and work lives.
Our employees have the option to work a 4-day week – for the same salary. This includes our leadership team. This change was initially piloted for 6 weeks in 2019. Employee feedback was monitored throughout, and then this was implemented on a permanent basis with consent form 100% of employees.
Ways we help people to balance their home and work lives:
- 4-day working week, for the same pay & fewer hours. Staff now work 136 hours per month instead of 150.
- Staff can choose to do a 5 -day week if they prefer.
- Core office hours are 10am-3.30pm, but staff choose their hours of work as desired.
- Flexible hours: Staff work 136 hours per month, but no set number of hours per day/week.
- Flexible office entry: All staff have 24/7 access to the office.
- Flexible breaks: No set break times.
- Flexible placements: We offer term & part-time placements. Students can design their working hours around university or college.
- 89% of staff said it has increased their job satisfaction.
- 94% of staff said it positively impacted their work-life balance.
- 55% of staff said it had boosted their productivity.
- 45% of staff said their productivity had remained the same.
Why was Formedix selected as a winner?
The judging panel deemed the great culture, leadership, and practical support that Formedix provides for employees, along with practical guidelines and good communication, to be worthy of winning. They were also impressed with what our employees said about the working culture at Formedix. Staff testimonials demonstrated that our working culture makes a real difference for them, as well for the business as a whole.
Mark Wheeldon, CEO of Formedix said:
“We’re truly delighted and honoured to be selected as a winner at the Top Employer awards. We recognise how important the well-being of our staff is. And that they’re trying to juggle work around families, friends, kids, hobbies, and other commitments. So if we can make things easier for people by being flexible, and if we afford people more quality time outside of work, then we’ve got a happy and productive team. And that makes me a very happy boss too!”
If you’d like to work for a flexible, family friendly working employer, you can check our job opportunities here.
Get content on regulatory compliance, metadata management & more!